For People with an APPETITE for LIFE!

Welcome to THE MAIN INGREDIENT a place where Food News, Food Politics, Food Culture, Food Fashion & Food Humour meet. Each week you can preview topical foodie matter from my 'Gourmet Lifestyle' radio show called (wait for it) THE MAIN INGREDIENT. Food for the belly & the brain, I hope you'll enjoy the journey with me. Regards Kel

Monday, July 23, 2007

BLING Cookware!

RIGHT!...... If you're looking for a gift for the woman who has everything, this little number might just do the trick! An 11inch saucepan, with solid gold handles studded with 200 diamonds, and at a retail price of ONLY 100,000 pounds. Can you imagine that? If my husband ever DARED buy me a saucepan as a gift, I’d hit him over the head with it, no matter HOW expensive it was. Diamonds or not! Its like getting a dust buster as a gift, the fact that its covered in diamonds doesn't make it anything else but a dust buster does it? Anyway, as it turns out Phil Hogan in the Observer Food Monthly discovers that you can't even cook in the bloody thing, so what's the point? The blinged up saucepan is available from Harrods and the makers are hoping it will be included in the Guinness Book of Records as the world's most precious pot! AND as if that's not enough..... If you'd like to continue the 'BLING' theme into your next dinner party you might like to splash out on the 144-piece solid silver cutlery set, set with 4,000 diamonds, on sale at Selfridges for just £200,000. pounds. Personally I'd rather WEAR my bling than spit all over it.

No comments: