For People with an APPETITE for LIFE!

Welcome to THE MAIN INGREDIENT a place where Food News, Food Politics, Food Culture, Food Fashion & Food Humour meet. Each week you can preview topical foodie matter from my 'Gourmet Lifestyle' radio show called (wait for it) THE MAIN INGREDIENT. Food for the belly & the brain, I hope you'll enjoy the journey with me. Regards Kel

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Hangover Buster Bangers

As I get older (and boy am i getting older) the Vitamin B tablets just dont seem to cut it any more with regards to hangover prevention. So imagine my delight at the discovery of a big juicy banger with hangover healing properties! A Scottish butcher has jumped on the BBQ bandwagon with the creation of the ‘Iron Brew Banger’. Being an Antipodean I’m not familiar with ‘Iron Brew’ but I am assured that it has been a favourite hangover remedy for many years in the UK. The original soft drink is actually named ‘Iron Bru’ but the soft drink manufacturers have requested that the butcher spells his sausage differently to avoid confusion. Although I hasten to add it IS the real thing going into what must be a somewhat fizzy sausage mix. And just how long is a string of sausages? Pretty damn long apparently, the company behind the sausages, ‘Stuarts of Buckhaven’ have pre trialled the new hangover buster bangers at their butcher shops in Leven, Lundin Links and Buckhaven and already have a stream of customers queing up for more. So far the Iron Brew sausages come in two flavors, 'Pork' and 'Pork Sweet Chilli'.

No comments: