For People with an APPETITE for LIFE!

Welcome to THE MAIN INGREDIENT a place where Food News, Food Politics, Food Culture, Food Fashion & Food Humour meet. Each week you can preview topical foodie matter from my 'Gourmet Lifestyle' radio show called (wait for it) THE MAIN INGREDIENT. Food for the belly & the brain, I hope you'll enjoy the journey with me. Regards Kel

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

From Chef to Executive Producer

I've always wondered how Gordon Ramsey has gotten away without any of the participants on his tv shows suing him. Ramseys Kitchen Nightmares (for those of you living under a rock - a series in which Ramsay parachutes into failing restaurants for a week and tells them what they are doing wrong in his own inimitable style) has been a huge success in Britain and a US version is due to debut this September. Well, a now FORMER restaurant manager featured on the new American series IS suing His Gordoness and trying to stop the series from being broadcast. Martin Hyde, the former general manager of Dillons, an Indian restaurant in Manhattan's theatre district, is asking a judge to block airing of the show, saying Ramsey lied about finding rotten meat in the kitchens, hired actors to patronize the restaurant so it would appear ‘Dillons’ had grown more popular since Ramsay's intervention and unfairly targeted and provoked him to capture a confrontation on tape. ( I don’t doubt the provocation part for one minute, thats all part of the show isnt it? ) Hyde said he was blamed for the way the kitchen was run even though as general manager he had no control over the kitchen. (He certainly wouldn't have had any control once Gordon moved in). Ah well, we all know these shows are produced dont we? Any publicity is good publicity for Ramsey I guess. Wouldn't miss it for the world though......Luv it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelli, love your blog. I've been looking at lots on the bloggers choice awards and found yours. After reading some of your posts I found it very interesting, I remember drinking Camp coffee back in the UK years ago with my mum. Also the article about Gordon Ramsay is just great, exactly I would like to that LOL. You defiantly get my vote. Until my next vist, regards John