For People with an APPETITE for LIFE!

Welcome to THE MAIN INGREDIENT a place where Food News, Food Politics, Food Culture, Food Fashion & Food Humour meet. Each week you can preview topical foodie matter from my 'Gourmet Lifestyle' radio show called (wait for it) THE MAIN INGREDIENT. Food for the belly & the brain, I hope you'll enjoy the journey with me. Regards Kel

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Restaurant of the Week


Positivity-preaching millionaires Matthew and Terces Engelhart are the owners of this weeks ‘Restaurant of the Week’. Their ‘Café Gratitude’ concept now boasts 4 locations in San Francisco and they plan to expand further to an ever increasing ‘live’ food clientelle. At Café Gratitude you are invited to step inside and enjoy being someone who chooses loving your life, adoring yourself, accepting the world, being generous and grateful everyday and where every menu request is a self-affirmation. Order something of the menu such as ‘I am Lucious’ a smoothie made with hazelnut milk, figs, dates, vanilla and raw cacao, and your server will deliver both the smoothie and an empowering "You are luscious!" complete with direct eye contact. Raw Foodists can choose from a multitude of positively motivating menu items such as the "I Am Bountiful" crustini, toasts made from seeds and nuts topped with avocado and Himalayan salt. The "I Am Happy" an almond-sesame hummus, and for those wishing to be more perceptive there’s the "I Am Insightful" spinach-wrapped samosas with cauliflower and macadamia potatoes. Continue on down the long menu and there truly is something for everyone "I Am Open", "I Am Beautiful", "I Am Powerful", "I Am Giving", "I Am Festive", "I Am Prosperous", "I Am Fabulous" and even "Yo Soy Mucho" a Mexican combination. Now if you’re worried that the "I Was Sensational" pizza with its base made from pressed buckwheat and sunflower-seed sourdough might have the consistency of a dogs chew toy RELAX. It comes topped with a zippy pesto of basil and hemp seeds, cashew "ricotta", ripe cherry tomatoes doused in excellent olive oil and a crumbling of Brazil-nut "Parmesan", and is wholly satisfying. At least it was for restaurant critic ‘Christine Muhlke’. Besides it comes on a plate bearing the message ‘You are Grateful’.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelli, Regarding the review on our radio show for Cafe Gratitude. I was just so pleased to hear the cafe mentioned on the radio as it proves to me that the raw food movement is gaining in popularity.
Your's in Health
Jenni Cook
Raw Health Harmony